Saturday, July 19, 2008

Some light for the current dark tidings. Some Reygadas.


clock
stop
spoon
hug spot
wash house
legs
wade
look
field
focus

How about a bit of counter programming? After yesterday's noon:forty-five viewing of everybody's favorite thing to talk about right now, I needed some stillness, some light, some reserve, some duration, some real matter, some water. You know, some good old timey long take mise-en-scene. Phew! However: I'll be seeing big fussy over there in the multiplexes again, probably (I think it's got its merits; they just look like anathema to this brand of heartbreak, which looks like antivenin to that brand of terror), and writing something. So stay tuned. You wouldn't want to miss it, right? We all need more, right? Right? Or, you could follow Glenn's lead and actually see The Red and the White at the PFA tomorrow night at 7pm. I know I will. --RWK

No comments:

Post a Comment