Thursday, October 04, 2007

Poem for October: An Army Corps on the March



In the spirit of The Kingdom (joke) ...

An Army Corps on the March
Walt Whitman (1819-1892)

With its cloud of skirmishers in advance,
With now the sound of a single shot snapping like a whip,
and now an irregular volley,
The swarming ranks press on and on, the dense brigades press on,
Gliterring dimly, toiling under the sun --- the dust-cover'd men,
In columns rise and fall to the undulations of the ground,
With artillery interspers'd --- the wheels rumble, the horses sweat,
As the army corps advances.

>>cb

4 comments:

  1. Usually I don't learn article on blogs, ๋ฐ”์นด๋ผ์‚ฌ์ดํŠธ however I would like to say that
    this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do it!
    Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, very
    great article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ํ† ํ†  I'd like to find out more? I'd like to find out some additional information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This content data gives truly quality and unique information. I’m definitely going to look into it ํ† ํ† 

    ReplyDelete