Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A revolutionary remix for a revolutionary day.

by Ryland Walker Knight


hero

Here's a lil goof I made last night. It doesn't quite capture the moment as I'm sure other, better bloggers can and will. But, along with the others I made, which you can see both at freeNIKES! and at the OBAMICON.ME site, I think it gives a quick (albeit oblique) glimpse into how this day means a lot to me. It's an inspiration! It makes me think that we're on the upswing. It makes me think that, finally, thank Him, we have not just a smart guy getting sworn in, but, really, a cool son of a gun. It makes me think we will witness some change, somehow. It makes me think that the arts may yet be a place to build a life. It makes me think that home is just around the corner. It makes me think that color will not continue to trouble consent in many of the ways it has before. It makes me think that dreams can come true. It makes me think families are a good thing to foster and nurture and love. It makes me think that I should call my sister. It makes me think that I should hug everybody I come across. It makes me think that revolutions start someplace, like, say, in the street. It makes me think that our gutters will be swept. It makes me think that I'm nearing naive in my optimism. It makes me think that optimism can be thoughtful and aware and lively and honest and accountable along with audacious. It makes me think, America. It makes me think, world. It makes me think, Lisbon. It makes me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment