Friday, January 11, 2008

Icons for the evening. UPDATED.

RWK:The PFA begins its new calendar tonight with a screening of Andrei Rublev. Surprisingly, this will be my first Tarkovsky seen on a big screen; I missed Stalker over the summer. Surprisingly, I forgot I got back from Oklahoma in time for Solaris (after missing Stalker) at the PFA at the end of the summer. I still hope they show more and more.


believe
he smiled

"When I speak of poetry I am not thinking of it as a genre. Poetry is an awareness of the world, a particlar way of relating to reality. So poetry becomes a philosophy to guide a man throughout his life."





UPDATE. This film is one of the great things. The second video doesn't have subtitles, but you can see, rather clearly, how gorgeous he makes a white wall, and a little girl splashing milk on a grown man. I plan on writing a little more and grabbing some images for a follow up post in the AM as a late Contemplative Cinema blogathon post. But now to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed Rublev, but glad you didn't. I had dinner with the folks (who have moved back to town) and then saw the Game-o by the lame-o. I feel like I've already written my review of the remake in my mind, without having seen it yet. I may even skip it at Sundance, depending on scheduling.

    See you when I'm back from Utah. Anything from Noir City catch your eye?

    ReplyDelete